Chicken Pot Pie
- 2 10-1/2 ounce cans condensed cream of celery soup
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 2 medium yellow onions, chopped, cooked
- 2 cups potato cubes, cooked
- 1 cup carrot slices, cooked
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1 cup Aunt Jemima Self-Rising Flour®
- 4 to 5 tablespoons cold water
- For filling, combine all ingredients in 2 quart casserole; mix well.
- For pastry, cut shortening into flour until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle water, 1 tablespoon at a time, over mixture, stirring lightly until dough forms a ball. Roll dough out on lightly floured surface to fit top of casserole; cut slits to allow steam to escape.
- Place pastry over filling; flute edges. Bake in preheated hot oven (425° F.) about 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Recipe Yield: 6